1.10.2013

Mageweave Recolor Transmog Featurette‏


With this post, I won't go into as much detail on each set like I do with the Transmog Features. I decided to do it this way because I noticed someone already put a *ton* of effort into putting these sets together on WoWhead and was kind enough to post to them. So a huge thank you goes out to Sungaard on the WoWhead page. If you click the "colors" below it will take you to their wowhead page, scroll down to the comments and look for the ones posted by Sungaard. The Black, Gold and Red sets are mine and are complete save the red. The Purple is my friend’s and he did an awesome job of putting it together.

And now, without further ado, I give you the mageweave recolors!

Red
I love how fire mages and warlocks look in the red set. The chestpiece just looks so fiery. I haven't gotten the horns on my warlock yet (I sort of lost interest in her...) but I really think they would look cute with this set. Out of the four, this set is my favorite. As I was leveling my warlock, I got the Felheart Belt (from Molten Core) and I love that it goes well with the set. Sure the green looks a little silly, but it brings out a little of the warlock in her. I'm not sure why, but none of the mageweave sets have matching shoulders on WoWhead, but I chose Shroud of the Nathrezim because of the red and gold flecks in it. Might not be perfect but it suites my warlock. I suppose that I should point out that I don't have the boots to this set :( however, if you click "Red" above there are a handful of choices for you to go farm.


Purple
This set looks especially good on frost mages and warlocks. It looks even better with the warlock horns than the red set does. Also, the warlock belt mentioned above goes perfectly with this set as well. The shoes are annoying as hell to get, you are better off watching the auction house than farming for them. They are a chance drop out of a bag you get for turning in 30 Arakkoa feathers to Vekax in Shattrath's Lower City. The feathers drop off the bird people in Terokkar Forest. Getting the feathers isn't really the problem though, the problem is that the boots only have a 3% chance to drop out of the bag. However, you can only turn this quest in for the bag until you reach honored. Luckily rep isn't shared amoung toons yet so you can do it on a few different ones if you really want to farm for these boots. They are pretty though, and the only ones that complete the set. The mantle that Eliaura is wearing below is the Mantle of Maz'Nadir, and it has a 23% drop chance off Moam in the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj.



Gold
This set is my least favorite out of the four, but then again I’m not really a fan of gold. When I decided to write this post I just bought all but one of the pieces off the auction house (Moonguard has the best AH for gear.) I had to work for the shoes, which are Alliance only *grumbles.* Which is why I took the screenies on my human. For one, because she is my only 85 ally, and secondly my druid would have looked silly in it. The shoes are a quest reward from the quest Show Them Gnome Mercy at Toshley's Station in the Blade's Edge Mountains. I'm not sure why, but WoWhead has the "Elegant set" and the gold mageweave recolor listed apart, well actually not even apart since the Elegant set doesn't get it's own transmog--anyway--the Elegant Mantle matches this set wonderfully, so if you like gold, are alliance and want a sexy new transmog--this set is for you!


Black
The black mageweave set will always have a special place in my heart as it was the first naughty outfit I used on my mage a few years ago when she was just a wee human. (Now she’s a 90 gobo and has a much cuter set--which I will be posting on later this year ). This set is possibly the easiest set to get because a tailor between the levels of 200-230 can craft this sexy set for you. Or you can get it off the AH. I like how it is less bright than the other colors. I had it for a really long time as my shadow priest's PvP set transmog.

That was a tiny look into the gorgeous mageweave recolors. In the next few weeks I'll be posting on what team of pets you should be leveling if you are interested in beating the Battle Masters with the least headache. *whispers* there is also a little fire kitten that is looking for a home.

Have a splendid weekend!
~Nichole

And how for some random shots of kisses, butts and naptime. :) Don't forget to clicky clicky!



As always, thank you so much for taking the time to read my posts <3



No comments:

Post a Comment