|On the Rocketway!|
Head to Orgrimmar and grab the quest/orphan from Orphan Matron Battlewail in The Drag. The orphan will have you do a series of quests (6 quests to be exact) that take them to do things that they have always wanted to do. Those are pretty self explanatory and the in-game quest helper marks the spots for you on the map. In the end, you return to the Orgrimmar Orphan Matron and you get to choose a new pet: a little pig, a turtle, a rat or a snail. All are squee worthy, but I chose the turtle, Speedy, because Midaria has a thing for them. The orc orphan wants to see the Red Rocks in Mulgore, Lady Sylvanas in Undercity, and ride the rocketway in Azshara. He also wants to eat ice cream and fly a kite in Orgrimmar.
Finally I went on to the Shattrath quests, which start at Orphan Matron Mercy in Lower City The little blood elf orphan wants to see the Dark Portal in Hellfire, the "mushroom" men in Zangarmarsh and the Throne of Elements in Nagrand. She also wants to go to the Cavern of Times and then see the Tauren Chieftains at the Walk of Elders in Silvermoon City. After you bring the blood elf orphan back to Shattrath, you are able to chose between one of the adorable BC pets: Egbert, an Elekk, Sleepy Willy or Legs. I chose Legs last year when I did this on Aurorie, and I have to say he is one of my favorite pets in-game atm. On Midaria though, I chose Egbert because he is so adorable in his little shell.
|In awe of the Dark Portal|
- Home Alone
- Use your hearth with the orphan out
- Bad Example
- Eat the following treats in front of the orphan. It is a good idea to do this while you are in Dalaran getting your Wrath orphan.
- Tigule & Foror's Strawberry Icecream--As horde, you can purchase this on the zepplin's from a Snack-o-matic. Ally can get it from Lisa McKeever outside of the Mage district by the cooking trainer.
- Tasty Cupcake--Crafted by a Cook level 350 or higher
- Red Velvet Cupcake--purchased from Aimee in Dalaran
- Delicious Chocolate Cake--Crafted by a Cook level 1 or higher
- Lovely Cake Slice--purchased from Aimee Dalaran
- Dalaran Brownie--purchased from Aimee Dalaran
- Dalaran Doughnut--purchased from Aimee Dalaran
- Daily Chores
- Complete 5 daily achievements with your orphan out
- The orphan only needs to be out when you are turning it in
- I did the Org fishing daily, and then four of my Firelands dailies.
- Aw, isn't it cute
- Obtain one of the children's week pets
- School of Hard Knocks
- Capture the flag in Eye of the Storm
- Assault a tower in Alterac Valley
- Assault a flag in Arathi Basin
- Return a flag in Warsong Gulch
- I actually got really lucky with all of these, I ended up only having to do each battleground once. Surprisingly enough everyone was being really helpful!!
- Hail to the King, baby
- Kill King Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle with your orphan out
- This is soloable, depending on your class--but pretty annoying! I would just grab a friend who needs it too ;)
With "Bad Example" I'd group up with a few people and trade the sweets. A few of them come in a stack of 5, and instead of wasting it, why not share? I got lucky enough to be standing by someone who needed the Lovely cake--so I shared it with him, and in turn he made me a delicious chocolate cake and a tasty cupcake. Probably one of my luckiest holiday's in terms of other players being really amazing.
Make damn sure your orphan is out whenever you are trying to complete ANY and ALL of the achievements. I've seen them randomly disappear when mounting and just lagging out. It is always better to check instead of having to do something over. You can also do any of the achievements with which ever orphan you'd like.
|Speedy with Matron Midaria|
I hope this guide was helpful for those of you who haven't done Children's Week. Have fun with your new companion pets! Next week, I'll finally be posting on the Darkmoon Faire--look for it Sunday evening!